A medium-size local company had extensive problems managing their email system. They used an in-house mail server dependent on internet connectivity which required an excessive amount of maintenance, ratcheting up their costs unnecessarily. In particular they were deluged with spam, to the point that culling out relevant messages from the sea of junk mail was nearly impossible. Spam messages opened accidently resulted in infection by spyware, viruses and other malware, disrupting their ability to function day-to-day.
An AlfeNet technician solved the problem by migrating all the accounts to a Microsoft Exchange server hosted at our data center at 33 Whitehall St in NYC. The client wanted to keep all the data stored locally (less then 4 hours travel distance) in case a hardware emergency occured. Our technicians also installed Barracuda Spyware Detector.
- AlfeNet created a solution that protects the client’s data and keeps employees connected with secure, reliable access to email, calendar scheduling, and a contact directory from virtually any device
- The new system informs users of internal compliance policies with respect to Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities
- The solution keeps all important data in one place with Exchange archiving, large mailboxes, and retention policies
- The new email system enables users to collaborate on projects, get up to speed quickly on teams they join, and easily share information
Measurable Business Results
AlfeNet solved client’s email system problem by installing affordable, industry-leading equipment that provides web security and policy enforcement. Email filter efficiency was raised to 99%. Customer now saves on annual basis on equipment servicing (no more infected emails) as well as employee productivity (limited or no access to social media). Moreover, bandwith consumption is controlled by the filter and since employees cannot download certain files, network is always working fast.
- Virtual Appliance
- Barracuda Web Filter
Software / Licensing / Maintenance:
- Barracuda NextGen Firewall License
- Repair or Replacement service for 4 years
Highlights of Results
- AlfeNet provided an integrated malware scanning engine that scans incoming and outgoing traffic in order to filter, block and disinfect the workstation from any infected data
- Our technicians ensured reduction of downtime due to malware, and legal issues due to data leaks
- AlfeNet tested operating systems and software
- The Barracuda Web Filter blocks access to social media which eliminates non-productive uses of the internet by employees
- Our solution included a Baracuda spam and virus firewall for safe email communication (protection against phishing attacks, spoofing, spyware, and other spam related dangers)
- Quick response time to client and fast completion of the project